McNair has changed my life.

Courtney McDonald, 2015 Scholar

McNair has absolutely changed my life. As cliché as that may sound, it is true. Without being accepted into the program, I would not be the same professional, young woman that I am today.

Before McNair, my perception of what research entailed as well as even simple things such as my idea of what business professional attire looked like, what a conference felt like, or how to apply to a graduate program were very much skewed. Being a first-generation college student, I am of course proud that I have even come as far as being the first person on either side of my family to ever graduate college, but I knew I wanted more and McNair guided my way on how to achieve that. I am forever grateful to the opportunities that the program provides, the wisdom bestowed upon me, as well as the financial support provided in regards to the graduate application process. I feel that McNair Scholars all over are held at a higher expectation and I am very much honored to be a part of representing that and upholding the reputation attached to the McNair Scholars Program.