- Highly motivated, disciplined and hard working students who are first generation college student with demonstrated financial need. ( Federal guidelines stipulate that an applicant must only consider the educational status of his/her parents to determine whether or not the applicant qualifies as being a first-generation college student.)
- Members of groups that are underrepresented in graduate education as defined by the U.S. Department of Education (African-American, Hispanic, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Pacific Islander, and Native Hawaiian.)
What is Required?
- Applicants must have completed their sophomore year of study.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a formal undergraduate degree program at West Virginia University on a full-time basis.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residence.
- Completed Ronald E. McNair application packet with all the necessary supporting documents and turn in or mail in to McNair office at Student Services Center